Kane is a Registered Professional Engineer (RPEQ) with over 18 years of experience in local, state, private and industrial infrastructure projects with specialisation in public works engineering.
During his previous experiences with Wide Bay Water Corporation (Local Government Owned), Hervey Bay City Council, Gladstone Area Water Board (State Owned), Cardno (Publicly Listed Company) and Engineers Plus Pty Ltd (Privately Owned) he has covered all of the differing levels of service delivery.
His specific areas of expertise include:
- Urban, industrial and commercial development;
- Project and contract management including construction, operation and end-user contracts;
- water and sewerage strategic planning;
- risk management, including:
- drought and flood management, in particular water storage regulatory compliance;
- dam safety and regulatory compliance;
- financial sustainability and profitability
- drinking water quality management;
- environmental sustainability and compliance;
- catchment hydrology and management;
- demand management; and
- water supply and sewerage hydraulics;